The people have spoken and Barack Obama has been re-elected. The Senate is still a Democratic majority, while the House Of Representatives is still a Republican majority. In short, nothing really changed from the day before, therefore the people basically said they like the direction the country was headed in, a stale mate, accomplishing nothing, while small business is being taxed out of business and prices are soaring to all time highs, from gas and all energy, to food and all other goods, which means the price of services has to soar as well, or the service industry will die. Since we make so little of our own products now, basically that means that our economy is dying and the people, as a whole are in favor of that. Just remember that every business that dies, so will the jobs it created and the revenue it put into the economy. Every bit of revenue the economy loses, is that much less the fix it all government that was voted back in has to fix anything with, until there is nothing left. Sure they can print more money and keep wasting it all, but the more they do that, the less your money is worth, until the economy just dies and your money is worth nothing. Under Barack Obama’s first term small business, energy, virtually all business was being punished, with higher taxes and the cost of raw materials soaring, causing costs to soar, until we were left at a point that people will not pay you what it costs for quality and it will not take too much longer, before all businesses will fold in this country.
Countless small businesses went under during the first four years. Craftsmanship is almost dead, it is too expensive and no one wants to pay the price, so the Obama way is to buy it from China and all third world countries. He lied to you about all of these things during his campaigning and many of you bought it hook, line and sinker. This nation is dying thanks to a lack of knowledge in how it all works. They temporarily made the economy appear to be looking better and lowered gas prices just a bit, to make it look like we were on the road to recovery, but the truth is that it was a deception, a farce. Now that the power has been maintained, watch it change. I hope they prove me wrong and step up and do the right thing. I truly do.
If we make it through this next four years, what will be left could be completely unsalvagable, if we stay on the path we have been traveling. The only hope in this is that the government decides to step up and do something right and quit lying and passing the buck, owning up to their responsibilities and putting the people first. Will they do that? Dear God, Please Cause Them To Do That………..
I always look for the lessons that can be learned in all things, because I believe there is always a lesson to be learned in virtually everything. I try not to miss it. I believe after stepping away and thinking about things, that I do see some of the lessons here and some of them I was seeing before the elections, even before Romney got the Republican nomination. What are they?
1. I would like to see the two-party system abolished. I think every candidate should run on their own merit and belief systems, as well as accomplishments and experience, without having the party standards to fall back on, because I think it causes deceit and I think it causes the choices to be taken from the people in many instances, as well as the fact that it causes people who vote party lines to vote for candidates they might not really be for, if it were not for the party affiliation. In short, it is too deceptive and too divisive and too out of control, because both parties seem to have a main element that seems to choose a candidate to lean towards, when the people might lean otherwise. This has happened in both parties over the past 4 to 4 1/2 years.
2. The Electoral College was set up back in the day when the polls might be in cities, but many people lived in such rural areas that they could not always make it to the cities to vote, as it would have been such a long journey, so the Electoral College was in place, so that those people would have a voice in the elections. In modern times, you can vote early, vote on election day or vote by absentee ballot and there is a polling place in every community, that is just minutes from home. It is outdated and the reasons for having it no longer exist. It is time for it to go. It is because of the Electoral College that in many instances we find that our votes really do not count.
3. The debates…….I don’t think the moderators should be openly leaning in any direction and if they are, they should not be moderators. They have no business getting into the debate, if they do not have their facts straight. They should also not have any hand in choosing the questions. I think the people should choose the questions. They could vote online for the questions to be asked. Why Not? I think it would work. I also think that while the debates are in progress there should be fact checkers to check the facts, no spin, to check the facts against what the candidates are saying and before the end of each debate, the information should be announced to the candidates, in front of the audience (both watching by tv and in person), with the candidates being allowed to comment on why they got their facts wrong, when they do, whether deliberately, or inadvertently. This would insure that the public has the facts, no spin, with no concern over disrespecting a president, if there is a current one in the debate, as he is a candidate in that debate, nothing more and that is the way he or she should be treated, a level playing field, would work.
4. The media……..I am tired of their dishonesty and bias. Not only do they rush to get the story out, to the degree that they do not give themselves time to get their facts straight, but in a rush to be the first to make the call, they tend to call elections before, not only the votes are all counted, but before everyone has finished voting. It makes me wonder how many voters they turn away, that could have made a difference, either way, every time they do that. Not only do they do those things, but they also spin and choose not to cover things of importance that they should, when it is not flattering to their choice candidate, but they cover lies and spin as facts in many cases. ALL OF THIS HAS GOT TO STOP! Basically our mainstream/lamestream media has become a huge propaganda machine. They have thrown out journalistic standards to make the country follow the path that they choose. When we allow this, what happens is that we are no longer free, because we are being brainwashed by some very dishonest and immoral people. While they should be ashamed of themselves, they are not. They are laughing all the way to the bank, while they are turning this country into something that was never intended.
5. SUPER PACS need to stop. Why? Because they run ads that the candidates have no control over and if the candidate disagrees with it, there is not much they can do about it, but openly cast it down in the press, but in many cases the ads are seen more than the open disagreement with them. I personally do not like this way of doing things.
Those 5 suggestions are for elections and making them a more level playing field, so that the voters can be more informed and less filled with propaganda. Of course the points ont he media need to be dealt with for the good of the country period, in everything they report on. The country needs far more than just our elections process and our media to be repaired. We need to do a lot of repairing of our entire system. Our economy and our debt need a huge fix. Will they do it? I hope so, but unless and until the voters decide that they should not be allowed to spend our money frivolously and they should have to budget like the rest of us, unfortunately there is no accountability and we are left to hope that God will deal with their consciences.
The corruption has got to stop. No one should ever be above the law or the way things are supposed to work in our system of government. NO ONE. We have come to a point that the media has gone rogue and it does what it wants, with no accountability and the politicians have gone rogue, doing what they want, with no accountability and while they bombard us with “get out the vote”, we find that many times our vote doesn’t even count. Honest people have a hard time running for office because our system has become so corrupt that they are destroyed by the media and their opponents, which leaves us with having to choose between the lesser of two evils. This is not what our Founding Fathers intended and only the people can change it, but it takes everyone coming together and demanding accountability and that these issues be fixed. How do we do that? Bombard their offices with phone calls, emails and faxes, from the White House to the Congress and do our very best to research things and know what they are talking about, so we have our facts straight and we can hold them accountable when they lie. No politician should ever tell the people that they are not going to listen to them, because they know what’s best and I cannot believe that the ones that have done that in recent years keep getting voted back into office. Are we that out of touch with what is going on? Or do we just prefer corruption over integrity?
I didn’t cover every aspect of government spending and programs on this post, but if we get this country back on track in most of these things, the rest will follow suit. We are a divided country and it has become such that it is almost as if we are 2 separate countries, though I do still think we have more in common than we realize, at least I hope we do. For the things that didn’t cover in this post, I’d like to know what you suggest. Let me know what you think about all of it.