It appears that Sheriff Dan Staton has requested 15 minutes of the county commissioners’ time next week to give an update on the status of the Kyron Horman Investigation. He will not be asking for additional funds. This is said to be strictly about giving them an update from the Kyron Horman Task Force, on the progress of the investigation. Apparently they have accounted for all 490 persons, and 54 vehicles that were at Skyline Elementary School on June 4th of last year, when Kyron went missing, and have subpoenaed more than 300 sets of records. They have 66 binders filled with more than 4318 leads to date.

Sources Of Information:

On Valentine’s Day, which was last Monday, Desiree Young went to the Wall Of Hope and left a Valentine’s message for Kyron and spoke to the media as well.

This holiday will be tough just as the others have. Valentine’s Day has always been our special day. When I was growing up my Mom always bought me some sweet little memento like a heart necklace or something special that was just for me, it made me feel loved and extremely blessed. I decided when I had kids that I would do the same. Each year I get something special for Kyron because he’s my Valentine. I placed a Valentine for him at the Wall of Hope in hopes that he can feel my love for him, from wherever he is. I am deeply saddened that he is not here with me.

Kyron I love you very much, I miss you and I want you home. I have a hole in my heart that will not be fixed until you come home. I will never give up, I will keep searching until you are in my arms again. God is looking over you and protecting you until I get there, so be brave, I am coming.

The police and search & rescuers are still looking for you, they will not stop until you are found. We have adopted them into our family and they feel it is a personal mission to bring you home to us and they will not stop until you are home. I know that we are getting closer every day, I dream about finding you and I know they will bring you home.

Source:

I understand that Desiree is Kyron’s mother and that she wants, probably needs to have hope, but in contrast to her statements when they did the last search, it seems she has more hope now, than she did then. Which makes me wonder if that didn’t pan out? I thought they were going to continue that search, but found no more mention of it. I’m glad they have accounted for everyone and every vehicle that was at the school that day, just as I’m glad they have been following up on all of those leads. I still wonder though, if they are any closer to finding Kyron, or at least what happened to him.

Remember Haleigh Cummings?

She’s been missing more than 2 years now, and in the latest press release from the Putnam County Sheriff’s Office, we were told that the case was not COLD, and that they would continue to work the case aggressively and that they have determined that this was not the work of a stranger, but that the individuals that knew what happened to Haleigh were not being honest, basically letting the public know that either someone else that knows what those individuals know, needs to talk, or they need those individuals to start telling the truth. They assured the public of the amount of leads they have investigated. My point??? They still do not know what happened to Haleigh, because some folks that were close to her, are not telling the truth. I suspect this is the case with Kyron as well.

Sources Of Information:

I’m not trying to be critical here, but I just wonder if the investigators on either case are any closer to finding either child. It deeply saddens me that neither of these precious children have been found, or even what truly happened to them, and who is responsible. In both cases, no one has been charged, and neither child has been found. I’m not at all saying that law enforcement doesn’t want to. I’m sure they do. I pray somebody starts talking in both cases.

This entry was posted in Crime and tagged , , , , , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

35 Responses to An Update On Status Of The Kyron Horman Investigation, Haleigh Cummings & More………….

1. Scott says:

Sadly i agree.

first i thinks sherrif barney fife can just email the update on the search rather then waste 15 minutes of anyones time at this point. they are doing lip service and supposed searches based on real tips……but what have they found? nothing. and they arent any closer to making arrest then they were 8 months ago.

Desiree seems to be fluxating between hope and resignation much like terry did about jaycee for years. i dont think she’s in ‘cindy’ type denial yet. however she is still not high on my list of people.

you know how i feel about the joke of a haleigh ‘investigation’. :(

Hey Scott! I’ve really tried to hold out hope on both of these cases, but it just doesn’t look good. I see eery similarities in the 2 cases, as far as outcome, and I hope I’m wrong, but I’m just not feeling very hopeful here, on either case. I agree that it doesn’t look as if they are any closer to an arrest on Kyron’s case. I also agree about Desiree and her going between hope and resignation. I think in Kyron’s case, just like in Haleigh’s there has just been too much deceit, and apparently in both cases the perp or perps were smart enough to not leave a trail, which amazes me with the Satsuma gang, but it really amazes me in both cases. So sad……… :sad: Neither child had a chance due to their environment.

I hope this works, but I fear it won’t. It didn’t work with Misty Croslin……..

4. Scott says:

Oh awesome.

So now we are gonna have every crackpot and vigilante stalking terri and muddying this case even more.

and to what end? terri wont crack and someone might get killed. This is pathetic. PATHETIC. There is a diffrence between trying to find your son and interfering with a police investigation and promoting illeagal activities.

I think desiree stepped WAYYYYYYYYY over the line.

5. lynda says:

Hi Niecey and Scott, We all want Kyron to be found. We want justice for this little innocent. I think what Desiree is doing is probably against the law. To me it seems like harrassment and stalking. Scott is right, every crackpot and weirdo will be out to get TH. I think this should be left to LE. So far there is no proof that anyone of us knows that says TH is guilty. If there was she would be arrested. As we’ve seen in the blogs there are people who would take justice into their own hands if Desiree proceeds with her plan. Justice for Kyron.

Hey Scott! I tend to agree with you on this one. If Terri is solely responsible, she’s shown she will not break, so this won’t work. If she’s not, well, it won’t help. I believe Terri could be involved, but that doesn’t mean she knows where Kyron is. I personally think that if Desiree wants to take matters into her own hands, she should hire a private investigator, that would be the way to go IMHO. I do think this is not the way to handle it. You and I agree on this.

Hey Lynda! Yes we do, on both counts. I agree that this should be left to the professionals, LE, and if she feels she should do more, hire a PI. I’m worried about this too, and I do agree that if they had what they needed to show Terri is responsible, she’d be in jail. I do worry about the outcome of this.
    Justice For Kyron!

Interesting…………
    When asked about the update that the Sheriff will be giving she says she believes that is just to ask for more man power and more money, yet it was specified that the Sheriff would not be asking for more money, but would be giving an update to county commissioners. The video on that link is worth watching. I understand Desiree’s frustration, and getting out the fliers and that, but they have raised a great deal of money for the Foundation, I don’t understand why they wouldn’t hire a PI. JMHO.

8. lynda says:

Hi Niecey, I agree that a PI would be a way to go. PI’s if they’re good are very valuable in ferreting out things that LE sometimes misses. I feel so bad for Desiree. I can’t even imagine what she’s going through, and hopefully I never will have to go through such a horror. I’m still on the fence about TH. There has to be someone out there who saw something at the school. It makes no sence that there were so many people there and no one saw a thing. The thing that keeps me on the fence is the kids who say that Kyron was there at school that day, and his backpack and coat were at his desk. I know that the MFH incedent has most people pointing the finger at TH, but was there a MFH plot. Can’t a person go to jail for that? Also, the people who are saying how much TH hated Kyron, saying things like he’s ruining her marriage. I wonder if Kaine knew this. Alot of people who have a bad day and say things like that. Not hate, but how kids sometimes are annoying.They say things like that if they are overwhelmed. It seems like TH did most of the raising of Kyron. She was the one who went to the science fair and drove him to see his Mom. I hope if she is the guity one she is brought to justice. I just can’t villify her without real proof. My faith won’t let me do that. Justice for Kyron

Hey Lynda! We agree on the PI. Not a Dominic Casey or Jim Hoover, like in Caylee’s case, but an honest to goodness real life PI that is former law enforcement and thinks like LE thinks and knows the best way to investigate the matter. JMHO. I do feel sorry for Desiree and I understand her frustration, but I don’t think the public pressure angle will work. If Terri truly did this, and I can see how it looks that way to Desiree, then her mindset is not normal, and if the public pressure angle would work, it would have already. The thing is from discrepancies in stories, like the Desiree thinking the Sheriff was going to ask for more money, when he said he was not, makes me feel that they (LE) are not communicating with the family the way the family maintains. There have been many other things just like that. I agree about the MFH plot. That is a serious offense. It’s called conspiracy to commit murder. Kaine’s stories changing and evolving over time, bother me too. There is something missing here. I think Terri knows something or is involved, but I cannot say I believe she did this, and did it alone. There is something missing to this story and it’s pretty important puzzle pieces in my view. If LE was as sure as the family. Why is Terri not in jail. All of those communications Desiree speaks of were internet communications. Do they know for sure Terri wrote all of that? I wish they could figure out for sure who the other person or persons involved really are. I think that is key to solving this case. I do not believe they will get a word from Terri. JMHO. I can’t totally throw her under the bus, but I do believe the fact that she didn’t fight for supervised visits with her daughter, so she could remain quiet is an indicator. Again, JMHO.

10. lynda says:

Hi Niecey, The fact that she didn’t fight for custody might be an indicator, but with the cloud of suspicion hanging over her in the pubic eye and the media, if for some reason she is innocent, can you imagine the three ring circus that it would cause. I’m not saying I think she’s innocent, I just can’t say she isn’t given the lack of evidence. BTW, a little off topic, Elisa Baker has just been charged in Zarah’s murder. Now there’s evidence that you can put right on a suspect just like Casey Anthony. The evidence is overwhelming. Justice for Kyron, Caylee, and Zahra, Haleigh and all the murdered and abused innocents. God Bless them all.

I agree with you on that.

Thanks for the update on Elisa Baker! Excellent!!! I will have to take a look at that. Thanks!!

I agree with you……….Justice for All of the Abused and Murdered Innocent Children, and God Bless Them All.

12. Scott says:

like lynda i cant condemn terri cause i have still not seen a 100 percent proof of her involvement….get me someone, anyone to place her with kyron after leaving school that morning, or her taking him out of school. i have seen none.

alot of circumastanisial evidence with nothing concreate. and this vigilante crap desiree is pulling will not get terri to break, and if terri doesnt break when being confronted by a nutjob, then she will be in danger.

the cynical part of me says, maybe thats what desiree wants in the first place.

Hey Scott! I have to say one thing, and that is…………If that were my child and it had gone on this long, I’d be trying to get at the truth myself. I can understand her taking matters into her own hands. I cannot imagine what she is going through. Most of us do not see it the way she does, so we have to give her that. She’s a mother. She’s Kyron’s mother, and she wants him found. I cannot blame her for that. With that said, I think she needs a really good PI, I really do. I don’t know if she can afford one, but to me that is what she needs. Raising public awareness is right, but I just don’t agree with her turning the public toward Terri, as if Terri were going to break, she would have already…..Then there is the million dollar question……..What if Terri doesn’t know where Kyron is? I think Terri knows something, and is involved, but she still may not know where Kyron is. If she knows something she should talk, but I don’t think Desiree can make that happen. I think she needs some fresh eyes on the case. JMHO.

14. lynda says:

Hi Niecey and Scott, I wonder why Elisa Baker is only being charged with 2nd degree murder? That’s very strange, and father is not being charged. It really makes me sick that that poor child was murdered in such a horrific way. At least she was found, albeit in pieces. I hope they find Kyron soon. It’s so sad to think of a person out there alone waiting. I know we leave our bodies at death but still, to be all alone out there makes me sick. What’s wrong with these monsters who take away a persons life. We need to get right with God.

Hey Lynda! I’m researching that one. I suspect that they will charge Mr. Baker. I think she is charged with 2nd degree, and he will likely be charged with 1st degree. I could be wrong, but I bet that is what happens.

I do so agree with you. We do need to get right with God. I will never understand how people can do these things. :sad:

16. Scott says:

maybe i watch too much csi/law and order criminal intent/old episodes of ‘the commish’, but if i were a detective i might want to find out where deseriee was on june 4th. maybe she took kyron out of school and hid him cause of what she now claims she knows about terry?

wasnt desiree driving up to take him to her place?

17. Scott says:

adam baker annouced on his own personal liscense plate that he knew that his wife was abusing zahara…….and yet he’s charged with nothing?

second degree murder with dismembering and scattering her body? if this isnt first degree then what the hell is? :(

just like in sylars case there is STILL no murder charge. jesus wept

18. Scott says:

bumper sticker not liscense plate, sorry

Terri was supposed to take Kyron to meet them half way after school that day. Remember Desiree got the call after Kyron didn’t get off of the bus, and Terri didn’t want to talk to her at first, she had the school call her.

As far as the Zahra’s case, I think they are going to get Adam for 1st degree, unless they have someone else in mind, but I don’t think they are done charging that one out yet. I think because she led them to the body, she was already talking. I suspect the next indictment will be for the one they think actually carried out the deed, but I do think she should be charged with 1st degree myself.

I know what you mean on Sylar’s case, nothing but child abuse charges. I don’t understand why they haven’t even attempted manslaughter at the very least, though it should be murder.

20. Scott says:

just read the indictment on websleuths and seems like they are using her as the total scapegoat. of course she’s involved…but they are claiming she’s soley guilty cause of past abuse and ‘hiding her body from local family.’ really? so adam had no bleeping idea?

im really tired of this nonsense.

sorry im not feeling very charitable tonight :(

21. Scott says:

i wonder if this is political/diplomacy bullshit because he’s australian. hey i love australia but he shouldnt be cut a break.

I’m still researching on that one. I intend to post once I have a clear idea of what is going on. I have looked at some other info prior to this coming down.

23. Scott says:

just seems to me niecey robert manwills mom is only in prison cause she wsa dumb enough to admit she knew about the abuse.

every other case it seems only one person is going down for what both are responsbile for :(

24. Scott says:

OK i apologize in advance for this obsenity and offensive filled tirade…..

they are saying zahara died on the 24th of september or abouts, but adam didnt report her missing till october 9th. thats in the indictment.

then at the press confrence they stated that there ‘is no credible evidence anyonelse is involved’

OH SERIOUSLY WTF??????????? so his little girl is missing for 15 days, his wifes out dumping body parts all over the place and poor ol adam has no clue..

seriously are inbred hicks running the police department and DA’S office there?

BRB i need to punch some holes in a wall

Reilly Sawyers (Baby Grace), her mom went down with step monster. Kelsey Briggs, her mom went down with step monster. Kelsey’s mom got almost as much as he did for aiding and abetting the crime. Of course in Reilly’s case, mom participated. Kelsey’s mom did not, that we know of, but she had her own misgivings, she was neglectful of Kelsey, and she put her in harm’s way, repeatedly. Again, give me a bit of time to make sense of this.

Justice For Kyron.

26. Scott says:

sorry the more i read the less sense this is making.

people on WS think that da just means in her actual killing, but why the hell wouldnt they have an idinctment for him as an accessory given how huge the file given to the DA and GJ was?

just not making any sense to me.

27. Scott says:

oh…….maximum penalty for her is 30 years.

WTH? DA should be fucking ashsamed of himself.

this is an embarrasment and a disgrace

28. Scott says:

looks like he made a deal for no 1st degree so they could find what was left of zahara, then lied when he said he didnt make the deal.

whenever his ass is up for election again he needs to be voted out :(

ok im done. i need to step away for about 12 hours at least.

i can not believe blaise is railroaded into 35 years for killing smeone she never even met, a guy the state itself admits is a crack dealing rapist….and people like this will skate with less then that :(

Yes, I think you need to breathe. Take a deep breath, and careful with the language please. I understand you are upset, and this is upsetting. I’m gathering info and at the moment.

30. Scott says:

i thank you for your patience with me.

along those lines……the owner of websleuths has now declared adam a ‘victim’ and hence he is off limits to criticizim. i guess nothings changed since she banned me for the idiocy that her site has become.

I meant at the moment, not and at the moment.

Please let’s not criticize WS. I’d rather not get into that, and all I can say is the blog owner has every right to their opinions and to govern things the way they see fit. I’d prefer not to get into it. I will be posting on Zahra’s case, but I’m trying to get as much information as I can, so that I can be as accurate as possible. I do not understand why the second degree murder, except that they seem to be leaning toward her going too far in her cruel discipline, and I don’t think, because they are missing her head and other bones, that they know exactly how Zahra died. It does not appear that they are going to charge Adam, as they are saying they suspect no one else’s involvement and they are saying that her cell phone was pinging at the right times in those areas where the remains were found, and his never pinged from those areas. I think the second degree murder is because of lack of knowing a cause of death. I’m working on it be patient.

32. Scott says:

well the report shows she had no current cancer, im assuming the body parts that are missing are still missing cause she/they know that would show what they REALLY did to her before AND after she died.

and seriously, if she didnt know what she would do would cause a death (to a 10 year old cancer surivor and amputee) then why isnt the charge manslaughter?

i know your working hard on it niecey. im just trying to work this out in my head and none of it is making sense :(

I’m going to post on this in the morning as I’ve already made one big boo boo tonight and just caught it. I had the prosecutor in Caylee’s case down as Jeff Aston, instead of Ashton…… :oops: My bad. didn’t mean to do it. I’m sure Bozo loved that one. I corrected myself, but I am still researching. Have loads of stuff bookmarked. I want to have a clear head to do this. I promise I will have it up tomorrow. Trying to be thorough.

In the meantime. Justice For Kyron, For Haleigh, For Zahra, For Caylee and all of the innocent children that have been so brutally abused and murdered.

And Justice For Amanda, Our Beautiful Little Survivor. :smile: