On Monday (11/05/2012) a Grand Jury handed down the indictment and Donnie Jones was charged and booked into the Franklin County Jail, for the kidnapping, murder and rape of Megan Sharpton. He was charged with 2 counts of especially aggravated kidnapping, 2 counts of aggravated rape and first degree murder and felony murder. The indictment and charges came just after the 4 month anniversary of this horrendous crime, that took such a beautiful young woman from this world.

Donnie Jones will have his first court appearance at 9 am on November 16, 2o12. He was in the Coffee County Jail for the weapons charge, but was transferred to the Franklin County Jail, where he was booked on the new charges. He will remain in the Franklin County Jail, with no bond.

Mr. Jones may have stolen Megan’s life on this earth, but her precious spirit lives on and she continues to touch many lives. He cannot take that away, but Justice For Megan Sharpton is coming to Donnie Jones, as it appears that the death penalty will likely be on the table. Mr. Jones has quite a rap sheet and he has terrorized young women for quite some time, those days are over. At the very least Mr. Jones will never see the light of day a free man again. That animal has been caged and the community is now safe from his reign of terror.

I spoke with Kelly, Megan’s Mother this morning, as she shared with me this news and she is very happy. She is very happy that the young women in the community are now safe from this predator and this terrible crime will not go unpunished. Kelly is also very grateful for the love and support that she has been given by her family and friends, as well as the community and for the committment and hard work of Law Enforcement and the District Attorney’s Office. There will never be closure for this and the loss will always be there, but the outpouring has made a difference.

Other Sources Of Information:

Man Arrested In Kidnapping/Slaying Case

Man Charged With Nursing Student’s Murder

Man Indicted In Brutal Murder Of Nursing Student

Before I close this post, I would like to mention something that happened this past Friday, while we were lighting candles for Megan. Had this tragedy not happened, Megan would have graduated from Nursing School on Friday. Neither the school, nor her fellow students would allow Megan to not be a part of the ceremony. In fact Megan was honored with a “Posthumous Diploma” and an empty chair was decorated in her honor. They put together and showed a very touching slide show in Megan’s honor that was played at the ceremony. Not only does this speak volumes of what wonderful people they are, but it really speaks volumes of what a wonderful young woman Megan was. That starry-eyed girl has touched us all…………

Sources Of Information:

Megan Sharpton Honored With Posthumous Diploma

New Information Could Come Soon

This entry was posted in Crime and tagged , , , , , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

15 Responses to The Wheels Of Justice Are Turning In Megan Sharpton’s Case: Donnie Jones Has Been Charged!

1. Scott says:

that is awesome news all around……justice for megan!

Isn’t it? I am so happy that the monster can never hurt another young woman and so touched. Justice For Megan!

3. At last! Kelly, family and friends have had to wait far too long to hear the news that finally there will be Justice for Megan. I’m so glad that the Nursing School chose to honor her with a diploma – such a shame our starry eyed girl couldn’t be there to receive it in person. :cry:

HUGS ♥♥♥

I agree Jill, on all points :cry: …………

HUGS♥♥♥

5. We must congratulate Kelly for her patience and perseverence during this gruelling ordeal, she has shown us how to behave in the face of adversity – very proud of her ♥♥♥

Totally agree Jill.

Kelly asked me to deliver a message to all of you. She has been unable to drop by and chat, but she wanted everyone to know that she is doing better than she has in the past 4 months. She wants everyone to know how much she appreciates you and all you have done. It means so much.

8. Scott says:

ty for posting that niecey……..we all do what we can :)
    kelly and megan are always in my prayers

You’re welcome :wink: .

10. Kelly says:

Yes, Thank you Niecey. I had also wanted to make sure everyone knows how thankful I am for you. For myself, Megan, and everyone else you advocate so elequently for. If I may boldly speak for our families, you words and support mean more than you know. And to everyone who reads and thinks of us. You are our gift. It’s a very lonely place to find yourself even when surrounded by others. Reading and rereading that you care makes this easier to bear. I am hopeful again. I am proud of FCSD and Megan for making this nightmare begin to resolve. I am stronger than I have been in four months. I will fight this fight with my head held high for my starry girl. Peace for Megan.

11. FloridaGirl says:

Kelly – We all care more than you will probably ever realize. The fact that these monsters stold your precious Megan from you has caused many heavy hearts, sadness and fury. When you get that lonely feeling, just stop for a moment and you will feel that Angel Megan all around you…
    We are thinking of you and Megan always….

12. MochaMom says:

I know he pled not guilty Friday morning, but now what? no court until January? are there arrests expected? or are they counting on their testimony?

I really didn’t expect him to plead guilty, but, wish he would have.
    Thinking of the family and hoping their peace comes soon.

13. I’m with you MochaMom – sadly the wheels of justice have moved very slowly but at least DJ is finally off the streets and in jail where he belongs.

Stay strong Kelly