A Thanksgiving Wish For Love……….

To all of my friends, all of my foes, even everyone I don’t know, I have a Thanksgiving Wish For Love just for you………..Whether we agree or disagree, matters not, just that you receive this wish for love, then share it with others in the same spirit that it was originally sent to you. It is a simple wish, with a simple request, sealed with love and prayers. Everyone can afford to send this gift and it is priceless to receive.

I have received this gift before, but it always fits, always in style, always the right color and always brings a smile. I never tire of receiving it and I pray that I will be just as quick to give it, always. The gift is simply LOVE.

For most of us it is very easy to love our family and friends, though there seems to be a growing number of people who have a hard time doing that. For some of us it is easy to be kind to someone you don’t know, some even have an easier time being kind to a stranger than they do being kind to their family and friends. For many it is easy to be kind to those who agree with them, much harder for those who disagree with them.

Times are hard for many and many of us do not have as much to give as we did a few years ago. The poor have always been amongst us, but there are more of the poor now, than ever before. While many of us are Blessed enough to have, we may not have as much as we once did. Times have indeed been much leaner for many.

Where is all of this coming from? Like many, from time to time, the bad news of the world, just gets to me. The corruption, deceit, murder, thievery, hatred, wars, hard times, all are more than a person can bear at times. In this country we have been in election mode for so many years now, it is almost hard to believe that there is a pause. The mud-slinging and bitterness of the sides is also hard to deal with, especially when we have to fact check the way we do now, because we can no longer take politicians at their word.

Like many others, I was just exhausted and frazzled after this election and I just had to turn it all off, blog included. I just needed some time to regroup. I began to look forward to the holiday season, hoping that we could all realize that no matter what happens in this world, no one can ever take our spirit from us, not unless we let them.

I began reaching out to God, for relief from my frustration, answers to my questions, hope for my hopelessness, comfort for my weary heart. As always, He began comforting me, giving me a renewed sense of hope, peace in my heart and He answered a few questions, as well. His answers came through music, love, dreams and the words of others, as much as His Words. My husband bought me a cd some time ago and I love it. It was one that I actually asked for, because I had heard a song on it that was just so inspiring, but in listening to it, there were many more that became inspiring to me. Through the period I just went through, the following song really spoke to me. The song is “Keep My Heart Alive” by Sanctus Real and I highly recommend their music.

Another way that God touched my heart recently was an email from a precious friend of mine, Kelly Sharpton. Those of you that regularly read this blog, know who Kelly is and you know who Megan Sharpton is, Kelly’s beautiful daughter, who touched this world in a very special way. Megan was full of love and life. Love, Hope, Joy, Peace and Charity were all traits of Megan’s. She was a starry-eyed girl, full of life and all of those wonderful traits. Megan is no longer with us on this earth, but her spirit and her life still touch those of us that know her story. Her mother Kelly had a Thanksgiving challenge for me, for all of us……..

The best index to a person’s character is how he treats people who can’t do him any good, and how he treats people who can’t fight back.― Abigail Van Buren

This Thanksgiving weekend, I plan to honor the empty chair at my dinner table by doing something good or kind to someone that needs it. I don’t have tons of money so I am not feeding the masses or buying bunches of stuff to give to people I know are more deserving than me. What I want to do is share a smile, or a hug, open a door, pick up the neighborhood trash, say a prayer for an innocent child who’s world has been turned upside down, or perhaps buy a small toy or two for a Christmas Angel. You’ve seen that person eating alone. Megan used to invite them to her table to share their meal with her. You’ve glanced at a child who hasn’t been given something of their own in a very long time. Meg always leaned down and told them they were special.
What are you going to do this holiday season? How will you honor the empty chairs at so many tables in so many towns near and far? Megan’s light is bright. Will you help me make it shine for someone who needs a little light? Peace to you and yours…Shine on Meg. We love you all the time.

I was so touched by her request, that it just had to be shared. It was meant to be shared. Will you rise to the challenge? God placed something on my heart recently, “The love in your heart will save you.” His answer to my struggles and frustrations in recent times is a simple one…………LOVE.

It is my prayer that you will all rise to the challenge and have a VERY HAPPY AND SAFE THANKSGIVING………GOD BLESS YOU ALL…………………

(I would also like to thank my friend Jill for her love and concern.)

Love,

Niecey

This entry was posted in Life and tagged , , , , , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

19 Responses to A Thanksgiving Wish For Love……….

1. Thankyou Niecey,

The message in the song ‘Keep my heart alive’ should inspire us all to be more tolerant to the needs of our loved ones and to ourselves especially now as we all face a rapidly changing world.

I would like to wish you, all of your family, friends and blog friends a safe and happy Thanksgiving holiday filled with love, hope for the future and rememberance for those like Megan who are sadly no longer with us.

HUGS ♥♥♥

Evenin’ Jill!

You’re welcome. I hope that song will inspire us all. I truly feel God’s Spirit every time I listen to it. What a message!

Thank you for your warm Thanksgiving wishes my friend. Do you have Thanksgiving in Australia? If you don’t, I still wish you a wonderful day, filled with love and all of the love and hope for the future as well.

BIG HUGS♥♥♥

3. Gosh your up early Niecey, by my calculations it’s 5:20 am at your house :wink: I wonder if you are just putting the turkey in the oven? If so please save me a piece of the breast – tanky :mrgreen:

Sadly Australia doesn’t celebrate Thanksgiving :cry:
    I think this is a shame because we miss out on the fellowship that both America and Canada share with their families.

You are correct on the timing and yes I am about to put the turkey in the oven very shortly. I will make sure to save you a piece of the breast :mrgreen: . I have a wonderful recipe I have been using for years, that I got off of hubby’s favorite outdoor channel. It was intended for a wild turkey on the grill, but I domesticated it for the oven and the white meat is always juicy. It falls off the bone.

I’m sorry that my Aussie friends don’t celebrate Thanksgiving and you are correct about the fellowship, not only with family, but with friends and even strangers. The good side of humanity seems to come out at this time of year. The homeless are fed. It is wonderful and we all realize that as long as we are alive, we do have so much to be thankful for.

5. Mmmm mmmm that sounds yummy :lol:

I remember enjoying the Christmas turkey and all the trimmings whilst growing up in Yorkshire in the north of England where usually it was extremely cold and often snowing. Mum continued the tradition when we came to Australia but due to the extreme heat (and lack of airconditioning) she eventually cooked it the day before in an endeavour to keep the house cool (and the turkey) for the Christmas day feast. I have always envied the Thanksgiving turkey tradition because of its dedication and fellowship and the fact that you live in the northern hemisphere where the weather is much more suitable to a hot feast.

On reflection – I would much prefer that Megan could have my share of your turkey – my thoughts and prayers are with Kelly and her family today.

HUGS ♥♥♥

It is………..Ah yes…….The Christmas Turkey…….MMMMmmmmm………..

That is a precious idea my friend.

HUGS♥♥♥

7. A friend sent me this one minute video which I think is perfect for Thanksgiving …

8. LindaNewYork says:

What an inspiring post, Niecy.

Wishing you and all my old friends here a Very Happy Thanksgiving!

(Hi Jill!)

9. Scott says:

hi all and hi linda from new york! LTNS again….

excellent post niecey……awesome.

not to make this political but i would like to state how thanksgiving became an official holliday in the united states. the year was 1862, the civil war had ripped the country aparts. 10,000s of thousands of people died in the cornfields of antiemn that fall and the streams of shiloh that april. abraham lincoln made it a holiday because he felt the nation needed to be thankful for what they had, and to look forward with hope. never, imo, since then, has it been more appropriate that we need this holliday……

hugs, love and peace to all :)

Hey Linda FNY!!! Happy Thanksgiving my friend!

Hey Scott!!! That was entirely appropriate and actually quite fitting my friend. Thank you for sharing that with us. I could not agree with you more that now more than ever we needed this Thanksgiving and it is time to come together.

HUGS, LOVE AND PEACE TO YOU AND EVERYONE!!! :smile:

11. Hey Scott, I was very interested to read about the origin of Thanksgiving and the foresight of Abraham Lincoln to declare it a national holiday – thanks for sharing that information.

Waving to Linda from New York – nice to see you again :lol:

I’d like reiterate Niecey’s message for love and peace to everyone.

HUGS ♥♥♥

12. MochaMom says:

Niecey, you may move this as you see fit. Just wanted to point your nose over to our area again. Franklin County. Another young woman found dead. 22 years old. No names released yet. Blunt force trauma. Found in her Ford Explorer by hunters.

Very sad for her family and friends and our community. (maybe the others that had a hand in Megan’s murder should be put up until they turn testimony)

just my gut feeling…

13. mangococo says:

Wonderful to hear from you Niecey and all of your thoughts and emotions! I had been wondering where you were and meant to shoot you an email before we left for our Thanksgiving travels. I agree it can get overwhelming the more we realize how much evil there is in the world and how many people are truly bad. I do animal rescue and sometimes I just cannot believe the never ending stories of animal cruelty and abuse. I cannot fathom how certain humans can grow up to do such horrid things when I was raised by my parents to be a good person. Turning to God is the solution, and also turning off the steady stream of news from time to time. I hope you had a wonderful holiday with your family! Hugs to you.

14. MochaMom says:

Her name is Kayla Qualls, 23 years old, mother of two. Graduate of Moore County High, lived in Tullahoma, worked in Shelbyville.
    Was found dead in the back of her Ford Explorer on UT Farm Road.

so very sad. prayers for her family, friends and for Kelly. She hurts and will hurt for this family.

15. Ranger's Human says:

This such a beautiful piece, niecey. My heart goes out to all mothers who’ve lost a child too soon. It’s not fair but God is just and a great and beautiful redeemer. I love your heart and love how you allow the Lord to talk through you on your blog. I’m personally struggling with the state of the world and humanity, itself. There’s a quote that I came across and it reminded me how I need to change the way I perceive the world I live in…

“I hope I never become so used to the world that it no longer seems wonderful.” ~Ashleigh Brilliant

My heart and prayer goes out to Kelly Sharpton and her family. It goes out to all families who are suffering from the loss of a child.

Thank you for bringing love and kindness to your blog, niecey. It’s clearly who you are, in the Lord. God bless you and your posters.

!hatever is true, whatever is noble, whatever is right, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is admirable—if anything is excellent or praiseworthy—think about such things. Whatever you have learned or received or heard from me, or seen in me—put it into practice. And the God of peace will be with you (Philippians 4:8-9).

Merry Christmas, dear friendies! Peace of God xo

16. Ranger's Human says:

@ Jill from Australia

Hello from Canada!

If there was such thing as guardian angels, I believe Abraham Lincoln would have been mine. I wish the world would celebrate Thanksgiving.

I read your post and thought…you could celebrate with your family in your own way! Canada is usually in October, different day. This will explain our Thanksgiving a little better than I could:

Why don’t you celebrate with Canada or the US! Start a new tradition with your family and/or friends. There’s something special about going around the table and have everyone express what they’re thankful for…AND AND AND you can never have too much turkey!

Love and light~~~

17. Hi Ranger’s Human,

What a lovely idea to share Thanksgiving with both Canada and America – I’m sure my family will enjoy this – especially if I cook the turkey :mrgreen:

HUGS ♥♥♥

18. Ranger's Human says:

Turkey with all the fixings is my all time favourite meal, ever. I hope this becomes a beautiful tradition and sentiment you can share with your family.

Hugs back to you <3 xo

19. mangococo says:

Hi Niecey! I hope you are doing well! Miss you!